Upholstery should be professionally cleaned at least once a year. When body oils blend with the dust, it gets embedded in the upholstery fabric and can show soiling. Hot water extraction lifts the oils, dirt and grime, leaving the fabric looking fresh and revived. Common limitations in cleaning upholstery would be: imperfections of the cushion, tears, excessive wear or staining, excessive pet hair, pet damage, urine, vomit, feces, blood, etc. To maintain the look and life of your upholstery, scotchgard is recommended.
Upholstery Cleaning Process
- Walk-thru: We do a walk-thru with every customer to identify concerns and set clear expectations of results prior to cleaning.
- Vacuum: We will vacuum using our HEPA vacuum so dust and any harmful particulates do not become airborne.
- Pre-Spray: We use a pre-spray to break down any soiling, or sticky substances left behind by spills that were not removed with vacuuming.
- Scrub: For heavy soiling, we will brush in the pre-spray.
- Clean: We clean using a truck mounted hot water extraction system (commonly referred to as “steam cleaning”) and specialty cleaning tools to insure that the fabric is not over wet and is cleaned effectively and efficiently. We use cleaning agents designed specifically for your upholstery type.
- Scotchgard: We can reapply Scotchgard protector to the upholstery we cleaned for an additional charge.
- Finish: We will then brush out the fabric to remove the cleaning lines and to help it dry evenly.
- Results: At this point we will show the results of the cleaning.