Hardwood Floor Cleaning & Protecting
Hardwood Floors should be professionally cleaned every 1-2 years, depending on the amount of traffic through that area. This low-moisture, deep cleaning will remove dirt and grime embedded in the cracks and crevices, while restoring the original sheen of the polyurethane finish. Some limitations would be: deep scratches or gouges, fading or discoloration of the wood from UV rays, staining, chipping, peeling or excessive wear in the finish itself. If your hardwood floor is looking a bit dull and lifeless but is otherwise in good shape, it may greatly benefit from our Clean/Protect process. The type and condition of the floor will determine if we can apply a light maintenance coat of polyurethane which is dry in a couple hours with no sanding. This maintenance coat will protect your floor and keep it looking great for years to come!
-Cleaning/Rinsing (& Acrylic removal if applicable)
-Polyurethane application (depending on the floor)
-Furniture Moving (optional).
Hardwood Cleaning starts at $0.50/sqft
Quoting any of the following options requires an on-site inspection:
-Light Maintenance Coat of Polyurethane
*Minimum charge applies per cleaning appointment. Rooms measured wall-to-wall.
Before scheduling a cleaning service, the hardwood floor must be inspected, tested for acrylic, and will be quoted on-site.
For those who like more details…
Hardwood Floor Cleaning & Protecting Process
- Walk-thru: We do a walk-thru with every customer to address any areas of concern, take measurements, determine the best cleaning process for the hardwood and set clear expectations of results prior to cleaning.
- Vacuum: We will vacuum using our HEPA vacuum so dust and any harmful particulates do not become airborne.
- Clean: Using an alcohol based cleaner specifically for Hardwood, we will use a hardwood floor cleaning machine to clean all dirt and sticky residue from the floor surface and the joints. This is a low moisture cleaning process where there is a small amount of solution applied with a soft bristle scrubber and vacuumed up immediately. The Alcohol Solution base allows the floor to dry quickly
- Rinse: Using an alcohol based rinsing agent to remove all the cleaner from the floor surface and the joints.
- Apply Polyurethane: We can re-apply a water based polyurethane with low VOC’s at an additional cost.
- Wait: We’ll leave and return after the floor is dry to check it.
- Results: At this point we will show the results of the cleaning.
How long until I can use my hardwood floor again?
>After cleaning: The floor is ready to be walked on if this is all that will be done.
>If applying polyurethane: The floor needs to dry for a few hours. After we’ve checked to make sure no touchups are needed and everything has dried properly, it can be walked on with socks, light foot traffic only for 24 hours. After 24 hours, furniture can be put back. Rugs can go back after 7 days.
What should I use to clean my hardwood floor?
We want you to LOVE your hardwood floors, so we recommend using “Squeaky”. It’s a neutral ph cleaner that doesn’t leave a residue behind when you clean, and your floor will look beautiful way longer than it would using anything else. We keep it stocked, and we know you’ll love it just like we do. Visit our showroom to pick up your bottle!
Thanks for checking out A Guy In A Truck! Let us know how we can help. 🙂