Carpet Cleaning & Protecting
Floor coverings are expensive and will probably be one of the largest investments in your home! So you’ll want to do everything you can to protect that investment! We can help by regularly deep cleaning and protecting your carpet. This will help it stay beautiful and soft for many years to come!
DEEP CLEANING YOUR CARPET
Carpet should be professionally deep cleaned every 12 months, or sooner if there are pets in the home. A good deep cleaning will remove general soiling, food & drink spills, allergens, germs and pet fur. It will also help to lift crushed or matted pile, making the carpet fluffy and soft again! So when you maintain your carpet by vacuuming weekly and having it deep cleaned annually, your home stays healthy, clean and beautiful while extending the life of your carpet.
For an effective deep cleaning, a Pet Treatment may also be required if there have been pets in the home. This treatment removes pet spots, stains and odors due to urine/feces/vomit, and is an additional step in the deep cleaning process.
PROTECTING YOUR CARPET
Applying a carpet protector after each deep cleaning of your carpet:
-Protects fibers from abrasion (when dirt scratches the fibers/causes a gray wear pattern)
-Helps fibers resist soiling & makes spill clean up easier
-Keeps animal fur from attaching to the carpet so vacuuming is more effective
-And includes a FREE 12-month Spot & Spill Warranty for food/drink spills!
-Scrubbing (With a Counter Rotating Brush Machine)
-Cleaning (Hot Water Extraction or “steam cleaning”)
-Application of Carpet Protector (optional)
-Furniture Moving (optional).
-Also includes floor/corner protection & Orange Seal-A-Door covering as needed.
> Deep Cleaning Carpet
Starting at $.45 per sqft
Steps are $4.50/each (includes riser)
> Protecting Carpet
> Pet Treatment, Carpet
To quote: Requires on-site inspection with a blacklight.
*Minimum charge applies per cleaning appointment. Rooms measured wall-to-wall.
Occasionally after a deep cleaning of your carpet, a spot may wick up from the pad and re-appear. If this happens, just let us know within 30 days of your cleaning, and we’ll be happy to come out and take care of it at no charge!
For those who like more details…
To Calculate Square Footage: Length x Wide = Square Footage
Example: 10×10 room = 100 sqft. So a 100 sqft room would be: $45 (+ $20 for protector)
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT WITH YOUR CLEANING
- Walk-thru: We do this with every customer to address any areas of concern, take measurements, determine the best cleaning process for the carpet and set clear expectations of results prior to cleaning. (A black light will also be used to identify pet areas to be treated.)
- Protecting Your Home: We use floor/corner protection & our Orange Seal-A-Door covering as needed.
- Vacuum: We will vacuum using our HEPA vacuum so dust and any harmful particulates do not become airborne. This is also done to lift the pile of the carpet to prepare it for pre-spray and cleaning.
- Pre-Spray: We use a pre-spray to break down any soiling or sticky substances left behind by spills or foot traffic that were not removed with vacuuming.
- Scrubbing: For heavily soiled areas or heavy traffic areas we may decide to scrub in the pre-spray (with a Counter Rotating Brush Machine or “CRB”).
- Cleaning: We clean using a truck mounted Hot Water Extraction System (commonly referred to as “steam cleaning”) and specialty cleaning tools along with cleaning agents designed specifically for your carpet type.
- Carpet Protector: This is applied/re-applied after the carpet has been cleaned.
- Grooming: We will then rake through the carpet to lift the pile and help the carpet to dry evenly.
- Results: At this point we will show the results of the cleaning.
How long before my carpet is dry?
Typically it takes 6-8 hours for carpet to completely dry after a deep cleaning, but usually it’s a lot less than that if you have the house fan set to “ON” and ceiling fans are on. Air circulation will help speed up the process. And winter time is when it’s usually dryer in the house, so carpet typically dries faster in the winter. But if it’s humid or rainy outside, it may take a little longer to dry the carpet.
When can I walk on my carpet and move my furniture back?
If you need to walk on the carpet while it’s still damp, wear socks (light foot traffic only). Shoes will track dirt and bare feet will leave oils on the carpet. Both of these will attract dirt, causing the carpet to re-soil faster than wearing socks (unless they’re dirty 😉 ).
Furniture can be moved back onto the carpet after 24 hours. If the feet on your furniture are plastic, earlier is fine. But wood or metal feet may leave a discoloration on the carpet if it’s still damp. Best to wait until the next day when possible.
What should I use to clean up spots and spills?
We’re glad you asked! We have a terrific product in stock (only sold at A Guy In A Truck) called “Spot Out” that works on all kinds of food & drink spots and spills, plus things like blood, crayon, grass, grease, latex paint, oil, shoe polish, vomit, wax, wine and more. “Spot Out” leaves your carpet fresh and free of sticky, soil-attracting residues without any rinsing. Visit our showroom to pick up your bottle!
What should I use to clean up my pet’s accidents?
We are so excited to offer a new Premium Pet Stain & Smell Remover called “Furry Freshness” that removes pee, poo, puke & more! We also have black lights available to help you locate hidden sources of odor so you can treat them. This is a great maintenance product for pet owners, especially after having your carpet deep cleaned and protected. Visit our showroom to pick up your bottle! (We will be stocking this product starting 11/30/19.)
How often should I vacuum my carpet?
Carpet should be vacuumed at least 1x/week, but if there are pets in your home, it should be 2-3 times/week. Carpet acts like a filter and catches everything in the air like dust, germs, pet fur and dander, etc. How clean your carpet is (like an air filter) will determine your air quality. Make sure you have a good quality vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter. This will be especially helpful with pets in the home, as it will trap the allergens in the vacuum instead of blowing them back into the air. If you need help finding a good vacuum, we recommend the Sanitaire QuietClean® SC5845B HEPA Upright Vacuum that we use on every job. We can order it for you and have it in a couple days. We also stock replacement filters for the canisters. Give us a call or visit our showroom for more information!