Carpet should be professionally cleaned at least once a year. If there is heavy traffic or animals in the house, the carpet should be cleaned more often. Hot water extraction cleaning can remove up to 90% of household stains, while also lifting the pile and refreshing the fibers.There are some things that may limit the improvement in the appearance of the carpet, which include but are not limited to: fiber abrasion, heavy soiling in traffic areas, de-lamination of carpet backing, colored staining, poor vacuuming habits, pet damage, urine, vomit, feces and blood. Some of these things may come out with a hot water extraction cleaning, but there are several determining factors that are out of our control. However, we will do the best that we can to address any areas of concern. To maintain the appearance and extend the life of your carpet, scotchgard is recommended to protect from staining and fiber abrasion.
Basic Carpet Cleaning Process
- Walk-thru: We do a walk-thru with every customer to address any areas of concern, take measurements, determine the best cleaning process for the carpet and set clear expectations of results prior to cleaning.
- Vacuum: We will vacuum using our HEPA vacuum so dust and any harmful particulates do not become airborne. This is also done to lift the pile of the carpet to prepare it for pre-spray and cleaning.
- Pre-Spray: We use a pre-spray to break down any soiling, or sticky substances left behind by spills or foot traffic that were not removed with vacuuming.
- Scrub: For heavily soiled areas or heavy traffic areas we may decide to scrub in the pre-spray.
- Clean: We clean using a truck mounted hot water extraction system (commonly referred to as “steam cleaning”) and specialty cleaning tools along with cleaning agents designed specifically for your carpet type.
- Scotchgard: We can reapply Scotchgard protector to the carpet we cleaned for an additional charge.
- Finish: We will then rake through the carpet to lift the pile and help the carpet to dry evenly.
- Results: At this point we will show the results of the cleaning.